Friday 25 November 2011

We’ve all got to get back home!


There are few lanes that bring you to happiness
Few bring in unpleasant, morose acquaintances
Then, there are roads, leading you to insecurities
Some teach you a few important lessons
For, some are strict while some are creamy
All is said, all is done, lesson learnt well and gone

If some streched gardens and rivers on the either sides
Some, accompanying your journey are deserts and thorns
Then, there are those roads that take you
To where you do not belong
To let you lose to the house of dark clouds
To where exit lies no where
You were brought,
Either, by the wrong directions of the breeze
Or by simply stumbling in

If the shallowness, the emptiness, the quite solitude
Had never before, seen through your soul
With the other colors when you don’t blend in
Leave marks of your own, scratches, bumps, bruises
Blinded by an illusion, a mirage of the non- existence
Of what you otherwise believed

Then again, they help you make sense;
Of why there are a few people in life
Who had your back every time.
In the end it’s all about finding the right roads
Although, there are sometimes, lots of,
Crossroads, cuts, wrong ends, pin bends!

When maps prove useless, because there aren’t any for life
The roads just have their own tributaries
Some just end into a mere wall, while others may bring a fatal fall
The roads’ have its bosom friend, the criminal time
And, it plays you as it's own!

Still, what matters is all the roads have to end sometime
And, we’ve all got to get back home.



Swati, this one is for you! For, you were sitting, beside me through out when I wrote this one.
P.S: I love you!

10 comments:

  1. this is one heck of a poem!! it has got an air of philosophy to it. 'we've all got to come back home' has got too much truth to it!:) but it also emphasizes on the importance of these tours!:)
    this is one of your best poems yet!:)<3
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bum: *Thinks of all the good deeds I might have done, as a repercussion of which I have you in my life*

    *hugs* :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your technique, metaphors and everything, they really give your writing an edge! Mwah! keep writing! Love you :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priyanka: Yaaayy! Thank you so much! You're like the sweetest thing ever! <3 :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The roads just have their own tributaries
    Some just end into a mere wall, while others may bring a fatal fall."....such heaviness etched in these two lines...completely liked them! Again, I like your writing style, very crisp. And so much to these, I know that people who write these kinda lines are the ones who have been through worst than these. I am guessing it might be same for you. Intensity, IDK, may differ. But Though I can't put it in words, I can say, you have put a part of life of many people and perhaps mine too, in words. Kudos ol' girl! Keep writing. I like the stretch of line technique. Keep it up. :) :) <3 - Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jyo: I'm greatly humbled. What do I say, you never cease to bring a smile on my face everytime you comment!
    I'm glad I could connect! Thanks a lot. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bum: Awww! Mwwah :*
    Swati: Just like you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connect : That's such a nice word. :) and glad to be a reason for your smile :) :) no thanks! Uff tired of telling! :P <3

    ReplyDelete