Thursday 1 December 2011

On the other end stood they.


While I stood at one end of the railing
On the other end stood they.
His hands clutched to hers, and his heart pondering
He watched her tears making way.

      I knew not what he was to her,
      It seemed he lived in a blur.
      But all that she meant to him was the world;
      Around her, his universe twirled.
      He gazed deep, in to her eyes;
     He knew, his penchant hug would suffice.
 He whispered a word, or two under her ears;
She broke in to a smile and gave away her fears.
      I was amazed, I was astound.
     I was bewildered, I wondered alone;
    For they were happy and its reason was found.
While I stood at one end of the railing
On the other end stood they.
He brushed her hair off her forehead,
And then they walked away.

They were’nt strangers to me,
Nor was I to them.
I knew all how much he loved her,
As much as he could never make her stay.
He held on to every tiny memory,
He felt handcuffed, the broken dreams that lay.
       I looked through the thin air, to see his pain;
      I cried, I fought, I argued in vein.
     For, he was the mystery man;
   That I was falling for, though miles I ran.
While I stood at one end of the railing,
On the other end stood they.
This was the funniest of games fate had played;
And I watched in dismay my wishes slip away.

For once I thought,
I’d confess;
The love I had for him, boundless.
But, how would I hold on ,
To these lose ends...
For every time I saw him,
I saw love for her that surrends.
      The cacophony of wishes, I shut them up;
      I took to silence and buckled up.
     Cause, I wanted not to complicate,
     Their lovely lives and strain their drives.
While I stood at one end of the railing,
On the other end stood they.
Life moved on like it always did,
With confusions and questions,
The only constants.
I secretly prayed, wished and fancied;
Laughed at the peculier predicaments.
I felt foolish,I felt lame,
How could I not be? For he was the mystery man!

While I stood at one end of the railing,
On the other end stood they.
             Then, I heard she fled, to a far off place.
             He failed to make her stay.
            He stood there cold, nothing he told.
He cursed his luck, his fate,
And he looked around, I smiled and said,
 ‘its never too late.’
While I stood at one end of the railing,
On the other end stood they.        

                                                                                                        

21 comments:

  1. Been there, seen that...
    Hanging on hopes, been that!

    This captures every slight shatter, stutter and tear so beautifully. I can't even put to words.

    Just...*Hugs*

    You touched a chord and played a symphony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one got me into it and how..! Awesome re! And there is something about this one, you cannot be a party to either of the two, to the girl or to them, they both seem standing just right and how the destiny is playing around that railing (life) is very intriguing and poignant. Very well written, like always! :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neha: Yeah? That is so sweet of you. It's almost like I put these up only for you guys. So motivating you are! :) <3 *hugs back tight*


    Priyanka: Thank you beautiful :* :* I'm so so so happy you liked it. :) *hugs* You're such a doll. :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem means a lot to me ... i dont know how?? i dont know why?? .... its just brilliant!!!! :)

    Hope i just get to see a book very very soon :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful!:) i am just glad you finally put it up!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sourabh: Yes! I give you the credit too. Because you really pushed me to write this one! Thank you so much! :) *LOVE*

    Bum: Eeee! :* Thank you so much Bummy! :* *love love love*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello.
    WoW! This poem is filled with a floodgate of emotions...love, loss, unrequited love, longing, hope.
    Simply beautiful & your imagery is spot on.
    Very nicely done!
    Thanks for sharing.

    More Fulfilling With Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andy: That is so sweet of you to stop by and give it a read. And, of course comment. Thank you so much! :) I'm glad I you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So the irony strings your thoughts again...railings and stairs...what a journey of life I must say! The poem is romanticized to be precise but it does not spoil the gamut of emotions. There's variety in what you write and every new post has a fresh story...indeed, like from 'pages-of-a-griffonage'. It's like, a story starts and ends with some catalyst but then again,......
    "And he looked around, I smiled and said,
    ‘its never too late.’
    While I stood at one end of the railing,
    On the other end stood they."...........
    ...the catalyst is just nothing but catalyst, you see. It's the chemistry in life. I see this concept in last 4 lines and hence the quoting...Must I say? ;) Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how come u manage to pull it off every time??????????????:-O woooah.......ur blogspot is just a long train of one compartment of brilliance after another.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jyo: Has anybody told you how sweet you are? It is so nice to read your comments. Thanks so much man. It means a lot to me, specially when it is coming from someone like you. Thank you so much babe! *hugs* I love you and the writer in you! <3

    Rahul: That is too kind Rahul. I'm so happy you liked it. What do I say? 'Thank you' looks so small. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha...I guess you make it the person to tell me that I'm sweet..!! Not edible! ;) No need to than girl! You humble me too much! Ahh *bows graciously!*.... :) :)
    'Someone like you'...c'est pas nécessaire!! :) :)
    I am happy to have few people who appreciate the Freedom of Speech and Expression! You owe me no thanks babe! *hugs* *hugs*.. I love you too! <3 and yes the writer within us! ;) ;) [For some reason I love myself when it comes to that writing part!]...[Not that anybody can write but the courage to take a step forward!] :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. *the first person ;) [Oopssiee..I missed 'the' word! :P]

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha moi aussi! Je t'aime! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. for when every single thing is right, everything may not always be alright :)

    sigh. the monotone of peace that your art gives. *respect*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Raj: Yes, but all that happens, indeed for the greater good! :)
    A big thank you for unfailingly following the blog, posts! *counter respect* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. we assume it happens for the good. but then does it really? we can never know. but then why not. the world is bad enough without us assuming it to be :)

    and no ma'am no thank you's please. i have always found poetry to be like chocolate for the soul. and you seem to have an entire box of it here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks I feel like eating chocolate now. :| Hahah! Humbled sir! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. likewise lady. likewise. and i guess it shows.

    ReplyDelete