Thursday 24 November 2011

When we stop


There were times. Times when,
What I said, fell far from the feeling deep inside
When I called a war with the conscience
And, emerged unclean

Times when I clammed up,
While I had to articulate of what I defined
Times when I relinquished,
While I was to hold on to
Times I lied in the eyes,
While the hour of truth was most profound
Times when I walked away,
While the moment I was to pause and look back
Times When I agreed to clinch the deal,
While I had to stand up against
Times I gave up and abjured,
While all I had to, was take another try

For the lost opportunities, for the missed chances;
For the wrong choices, for silence alone;
If only, we get another say-
One last chance, one last coin to toss;
One glint of luck, one falling star;
One answered prayer, one guardian angel;
Or maybe just a ray of hope

We spend ourselves fighting fate all along
Can we ever? Shall forever remain a mystery
But, the bigger question is;
What happens when we stop fighting?





























10 comments:

  1. Quite a rhetorical question indeed. But ultimately it is the quest that one may or may not take up in life time, that may or may not give him the satisfactory answers. Else what's life without a little hyperbole? I mean, they say 'c'est la vie!'...or actually, is it?? =) *grin* Then again, what happens if we don't stop at all? Or what else can happen if we really'd stop? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jyo: Yes! I slightly differ. It meant, doesn't matter what the quest is for, what matters is the fight. In any which way we've all got to keep the fight on! And, if we cease to, then, everything will only come down to zero!
    -love much! :* :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got your point! :) It is evident. I just said that the fight again depends on the answers; some give up while others are strong and carry on! Like you say, the answers don't matter too much for them, the fight goes on and on and on! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww:) its THIS poem!:)
    yeah.. so what happens when we stop fighting?
    i would say even before fighting for something, you must think whether it is worth it. worth all the risk, the pain, and most importantly, the relationships you might damage!so the answer for me is pretty simple, if you decide to stop fighting,you have decided to do so, considering all the odds,because you think, the sacrifices are not worth making. so if you stop fighting, you give up, and move on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bum: Yes! But, sometimes, it's just an excuse. But, if it's worth giving up, then, just then, may be! Well said. It's about time you start blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know what, i had read this last night and i was so geared up that i decided i am going to pen one down too. It had been long that i last did. I am always moved by what you write and this was no different. Mmwah! :*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Priyanka: Really? You're a ninja when you pick up the pen, trust me!
    Thanks much love!
    Mwah!:*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Manoj: Thank you so much! Really kind :)

    ReplyDelete