Tuesday 15 November 2011

Dear Heidi, I write to you!


Every time my memory rolls back
Back to the days I wore cute frocks and ran
Ran after butterflies or chasing the moon
The candies, the muffins, the teddy bears
Never were they the most integral part
Of my rosy childhood days
Not even the beautifully weaved bed time stories
Did they lure me to joy and glory
But it was the five year old little orphan
Yes, the one named Heidi
I’d throw aside the books, the dolls, the crayons
I’d push through the curtains, hop on the couch
Declare strikes to own the TV remote
So I watch Heidi
The more my heart would ponder
Every time I saw her; I’d stretch out
Stretch out my arms so she’d come to hug me
I’d stand up and salute
And never failed to repeat each time;
“Good morning General!”
Just the way her Grandpa said.
My biggest of all fascinations although were,
Grandpa’s long beard and his bushy grey brows
Oh! How I adored Peter;
Adored how he jumped in the puddle
Or the way he kicked the grass so green
Even when he swam through the water so blue
I blew a kiss, when he’d whistle and yell ‘Heidi’,
As much as I celebrated Clara’s friendship
I’d clap in their little accomplishments
And then, I’d say-
“In your face Miss Rottenmeier!”
How I hated her matron
Summer was back so was Heidi
I cared not nothing of the rest
My eyes grew big and brows in the air
When little Heidi alighted the stairs
In bright red scarf and a pretty frock
She’d slide down on a snow sledge
Darn, she was my rock star; she was my diva
My little miss sunshine; oh! She was my hero!
She defined hope, faith and love
She taught us life, peace and more
The birds, the bees, the mountain highs
The daisies, the berries, so the butterflies
You still smile in my memories
When I look through the childhood diaries
Dear Heidi I write to you
For I miss you, I love you so’











Dedicated to each one of you who love and miss Heidi! =) 

10 comments:

  1. Aww the description was such that even though Heidi has been washed off my memory except for a few fragments of what I'd read in the book , I felt as if I've been watching the shows all this while! Such is the power of a post I guess.
    And she was your hero eh? :D I bet she's going to be all smiles post reading this. Too cute it is.
    PS: Thanks for following Pentagram :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal: I'm so elated. Thank you so so much! And, lady you write just amazing! I'm a fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the way u described the whole thing is enuf to get even a non-interested non-fan bloke like me to become really curious about Heidi!!!awesome job...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rahul: Hahaha! Trust me its the cutest thing ever. You can download it and watch!
    P.S: Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss Heidi... And I LOVE THIS!
    U touched a chord I thought faded away with time...! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neha: Aww! I miss Heidi too! :(
    P.S: Thank you so much
    P.P.S: I love you too :*

    ReplyDelete
  7. damn. she was beyond god of war. she was beyond pokemon. i still remember the heartbreak i had suffered when one fine Monday at the time it used to be aired something else started running. that, was my first heartbreak. the series wasn't even over. she was taking care of a hurt goat i think. or was it a sheep. darn. childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Raj: I know right! You can't even find now on the download sites. It's in Chinese or tamil. :| Sigh! Those times...

    ReplyDelete
  9. do u really want to download it? am sure i could find it someplace...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes. Totally! I'd commissioned some friends to do it, couldn't find it anyway!

    ReplyDelete