Saturday 12 November 2011

My daffodil.

Today, I see those two little girls
In my colony lane
I froze, arrested by our memory lane
The little ones, engrossed in building
Their mud castles and talking of angels
I thought of you, I thought of us
I thought of how we ate each others’ lunch boxes
Of school trips and lemon & spoon races
I thought of how we feasted on that one candy
While, laughed at the prejudiced ones that laughed us
For we laughed at what they missed out on
While they laughed at what for us was fun
Humph! How the notice board glasses were our mirrors
Gosh! The pinky swears and the sleep over nights, endless hours
That churns my stomach, how our school days flew
Bidding us a farewell, a good bye view!

On the other end, were we greeted
As we stepped together, by the experiences new
All that we wanted was everything
Crazy shopping, stalking, excessive facebooking
The malls, the Mc Ds’ earned bucks, all thanks to us.
The cake backing, French classes that spelled of lush
To have faced heart breaks together
“Why the hell do you have to put up with this,
He’s a jerk, don’t you see?” yelled at each other
I stand here, as I see, The wall of pictures screaming
At me, of you and of I,

To have dreamt the bizarre dreams together
The chips packets that we’ve dived in together
The mango showers drenched together
The freezing star gazing, blue blanket shared together

The humongous drooling that we raised from others
Their raised eyebrows spelled of jealous
Who thought otherwise, we made them believe,
That, with time we only get stronger
To have bonded by the code of loyalty, bonded by love
So they now call us, almost twins, unbiological sisters!

So, when I see the little ones building castle, I tell them
Of how and what she is, the dynamite Miss!
The eyes that oozes oomph, her disclosure owns awe
Yeah! My soul sister she is
She makes the guys go weak on knees.
One sarcastic look of hers,
You’re bound to doubt your most certain answers
The poise, the positivity she spills around
The geeks turn freaks and fall to the ground
For the sacrifices she makes, for the drama she takes
She is a conqueror, she is a star

Now that I am at it, I relive
Of unbroken us, on the shores of the breathing sea
Of crazy us, that jumped the puddles
Of canny us, that victimized people
Of each time we went bonkers
Of evil us, that discomforted folks
Of the hope, faith, love that we clasp
Of zillions of sunsets we chased
Of thousand ugly situations we faced
So many perfumes, in the mall we test
The memories of us, do not seem to rest

The little ones, building the castle curiously asked,
“Oh! You’re talking of the angel that we just discussed
But others rubbished that angels don’t prevail?”
And their little faces turned frail
 I assured them,
“I Have seen an angel, she lives with me
She is my best friend, my daffodil!”

Just like us,
The two little girls in my colony lane
Left me arrested by our memory lane!















Bum, this is for you...
Needless to say, I love you! <3

18 comments:

  1. Rahul: If you say so! :) Thanks much :)
    Maid-en India (Swati)- Just like you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. For all the times that we've had together,
    For those warm memories that'll comfort my heart forever,
    For a sigh of relief, for I know you're there for me always,
    You're the best critic I've got, so I don't have to bother what anyone else says.
    You're what makes me strong, when I am most vulnerable,
    You're my saving grace for when I am in trouble.
    All these moments I will to my heart, forever sew,
    For, what you've been to me, its not enough to say - thank you!
    So here's a BIIIG HUG BUMMER! :D
    PS - oh yeah! Thanks for annoying me often and living up to your name!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm spell bound. I love you :*
    P.S : Yes! I shall live up to my name now and forever! *sings a bollywood song*

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so aww... Can relate with each tiny thing expressed. So so so beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Oh! You’re talking of the angel that we just discussed
    But others rubbished that angels don’t prevail?”
    And their little faces turned frail
    I assured them,
    “I Have seen an angel, she lives with me
    She is my best friend, my daffodil!”

    - EPIC!

    The poetry! IT IS BRILLIANT! Bloody brilliant. =D Oh boy, Brinda. Are you lucky!? ;) =D

    Take a bow, Greeshma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neha: Really? Now that's SOMETHING for me. Man, the poems you write are so breath taking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yash Dhona: YOU! Meet me soon.
    P.S: Thank you oh so much! ;) <3
    Shivam: Thank you so much. *smiles big* :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yash Dhona : don't bother wasting time wondering:) i am lucky:) yes:):D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, this is indeed. Bless this friendship! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bum: Bitch, come home!
    Neha: Awww! You're such a beautiful person from the inside, shows in the writing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks Neha:) and i cant agree more with Gree! you are one of the sweetest persons that i have ever come across!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its really really awesome.. truly very good, sorry though that i am commenting on your write up so late..
    Keep Going ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ashok bhaava: Thank you so much! Better late than never! ;) Really sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete