Saturday 12 November 2011

I Gave In


By choice or by destiny, I gave in;
Gave in,
To the flow of peace through the veins,
To the place that spoke of our tale that night;
To the night that had the silver lining,
To the stars that winked at me bright and shining;
To nothing that perfection could ever define,
And that, I shall forever call it mine.
To those feelings for eternity I’d hound,
As I sang to the lyrics profound.
                                     Give me that moment again,
                                     Give me those times again!
                                     Freeze me in there,
                                                        peace lies where.
                                   No, I do not want to come back,
                                  Back to where love and silence lack.
You cannot wage war with yourself,
Nor can you withdraw the feelings,
For, all you know are uncertainties,
When answers seem to blur.....
When everything ceased to matter.....
By choice or by destiny, I gave in!  

11 comments:

  1. great work gree :) keep it up!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sourabh: Thank you so much Sourabh! :) Or, should I thank Pondicherry? ;):P

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well.. :)

    Give me that moment again,
    Give me those times again!
    Freeze me in there,
    peace lies where.
    No, I do not want to come back,
    Back to where love and silence lack.

    These lines,made me skip a beat! ..sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priyanka: I'm so honored,considering the fact that its coming from you.
    You're just so sweet! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should submit it to the Education Department.. These would be better than some poems in the English literature in schools..!! :D :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogspot just got honored the day you decided to sign up. Where were you all this time for I can bet on this that u have been writing since long now, right?
    Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neha: OMG! *shies away* ;);). I want you to know that this means millions to me! I'd been writing from quite sometime. Mostly nonsense! Priyanka gave me the initial push to put them up:) So, thanks to her and you guys! You guys make it sound so good. Really!

    ReplyDelete
  8. giving in was never such sweet sorrow as you made it seem :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. well that depends, how good are you? :)

    ReplyDelete