Thursday 17 November 2011

A lover boy’s winter diary!


One winter evening across the street,
When a part of me seemed incomplete,
I see a girl tugged in green stole,
Looked a lot, out of control.
Those Ruby-Red Stilettos making way,
That delicate soul took my breath away!
Heavy footsteps and intense eyes;
Tightened fists and prolonged sighs.

She meets this guy, he pecks her by,
She pushed him away and said good bye;
And, I knew too well he was the bad guy

In a few seconds she had had me enchanted!
She was the one, for long I had awaited;
I knew no delay, I knew not nothing;
“Just go get her!” was all I heard my mind reciting

As, I ran towards her, feeling nothing but breathless;
Fighting hard to find words to express my madness
I said-
I know I’m a complete stranger,
But trust me, I mean no danger,
There is something I really need to tell you,
I cannot believe it’s making me go blue,
How do I tell you? I’ve got no clue,
My heart beats tell me something true,
I have fallen madly in love with you!


She said, do you believe in destiny? Cause I do!
What might come as a surprise to you,
Is the fact that I love you too
But, with destiny comes fate
I have only a day’s stay mate!
Next morning I shall be flying to a far off place,
For I have some crucial dreams to face,
  
Oh! How I wished I could steal her eternity,
But, to let her go, even for a while was a huge penalty,
In a day spent together, it felt like we’d been in love for ages,
And, I knew it wasn’t just another silly infatuation of teenagers

Just when I wished that the sun never rose,
The reality bites me deep and gross,
The minute had to come close,
When she’d leave me; to pursue her dreams. I suppose!
But the tears in her eyes I saw them
And, froze!

She asked- “can I take along something that belongs to you?”
I said- “You don’t need my belongings to feel me around you,
             I’m always there open arms, longing for you.”

Shoot for the moon, catch up with the race
Live up your dreams and I’ll wait for your embrace
Hopelessly, I’d miss her eyes, her presence, her grace.
She whispers in my ears-
“Don’t miss me too much, I’m back in May”
She hugs me tight and runs away.

That winter evening across the street,
The girl in green stole making way,
With ruby red stilettos who took my heart away!
                                                                             
                                                                                    -Greeshma Ramesh

14 comments:

  1. Aww... This is soooo sweet! Read it thrice already. So beautifully written! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some story you put in poem? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neha: Really, from do you get all the sweetness from? :*
    Jyo: *winks* :* *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW! This is a fantastic story and I LOVE the way you were able to present it in a wonderful poetic form with rhymes! Great writing, Greeshma!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for becoming my new reader! Much appreciated :)

    Best Wishes,
    Fiona :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiona: Much obliged! Thank you very much. :)
    I love what you write. Really alluring.
    -much love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You amuse, amaze me. and in turn, you only make me admire and envy your writing skills.
    I loved the coinage "ruby red stilettos" Sounded rather prominent in aspect of the verses.
    Plus, I love the detailing. Green stole and all that. :)
    You're good. Damn good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crystal: Hahaha! Thanks sugar! I happened to read you're poetry too! And, man you're wonderful. I have left a comment!
    P.S: Thanks so much again! *hugs* :) Love much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this kinda somehow reminds me of Confessions of a shopaholic:D:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Manoj: Yeah? I'm glad you liked it! :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete